Job offer - Operations Manager for the Solid Waste Management Services
JOB OFFER - Operations Manager for the Solid Waste Management Services
Under the authority of the Director of Solid Waste Management Services, the Operations Manager oversees the activities and staff of the operations, maintenance, and the production of electricity at the Red Pine Sanitary Landfill site.
- Plan infrastructure work, equipment, staffing requirements and technical assistance requirements related to the landfill operations, maintenance, and the production of electricity facility of the site;
- Prepare and manage annual budgets for operations and maintenance, infrastructure expenses related to the landfill, as well as the production of electricity facility;
- Prepare plans and specifications related to specific construction, repair and maintenance work, and the production of electricity facilty;
- Plan, organize and coordinate staff, contractors and engineering firms related to operations, repairs and maintenance of the landfill site, and the production of electricity facility.
- College diploma or university degree in civil engineering or related field and at least 5 years of relevant experience, particularly in labour and project management;
- Experience in a unionized environment;
- Solid knowledge in construction and groundwork including basic surveying;
- Ability to maintain harmonious interpersonal relationships;
- Fluency in both official languages of New Brunswick, spoken and written.
The regular work week is thirty-five (35) hours. The candidates must be available to work occasionally in the evenings and on weekends. They must also have a valid driver's licence.
Applicants may submit their resumé to the attention of Dayna Carroll, Director of Solid Waste Management, 1300 Route 360, Allardville, NB, E8L 1H5, Tel. : (506) 725-2402, Fax. : (506) 725-2410, or by email at email@example.com.